Tomorrow marks one of the best days of the year in my opinion – pancake day!
Any day dedicated to food is a winner in my eyes.
From as long as I can remember we would always have pancakes or waffles on pancake day and I have always loved peanut butter smothered all over them.
Since getting into fitness and health one protein snack I have enjoyed eating is protein pancakes.
It means no downing of powdery protein shakes and they are super delicious.
I have tried many different recipes for protein pancakes, however some needed a huge list of ingredients, and for me I love to use as little as possible but still get delicious results.
I use 4 ingredients for this recipe and these quantities will make two thin pancakes or one thick:
- 25g whey protein powder – I used chocolate flavour for this recipe
- 100ml your choice of milk – I use almond normally
- 1 large egg
- light cooking spray
- Mix the egg, protein powder and milk in a jug
- Heat the frying pan to a medium heat and thoroughly spray with cooking spray
- Pour either half of the mixture or the whole thing into the frying pan
- Flip when the bottom side is starting to brown and is cooked
- When the second side is cooked transfer to a plate
- Cover in whatever toppings you like!
How will you cover your pancakes??
Let me know if you try these out and send me photos too! I would love to see how you decorate them. What do you have on top of your pancakes?