Do you have a major sweet tooth like me? I am always rummaging through the cupboards in the evenings looking for something to eat. When it hits 9pm my brain switches into a chocolate-hunting monster and I need something to satisfy that.
That is why I have been experimenting more in the kitchen and creating treats which are a little better for you but still taste good.
For these cookies I wanted to create something that still tasted indulgent and chocolatey but without the butter and grains.
I am a huge advocate for not labelling food as ‘good’ or ‘bad’, or attaching guilt and food as I have done in the past. I am huge fan of buttery cookies from Marks & Spencer, however right now I am wanting to experiment and make some tasty treats so I have the choice between both options.
These cookies are soft and full to the brim with chocolate chips. The vanilla protein powder from Multipower combined with vanilla essence makes these taste even more delicious.
I made pretty big cookies with my mixture but of course you have the freedom to make whatever size you wish.
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter
- 100ml almond milk
- A couple of drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- dark chocolate chunks
- 70g vanilla whey protein
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius
- Mix all the ingredients together to create a smooth batter which is quite runny.
- Bake on a greased baking tray in blobs (I cooked 4 at a time) for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Let me know if you try these and send me your photos!